Sunday, March 2, 2008

A Woman/Her Love

This is what I encounterd when I fell in love. Everything in this story is true down to the names. Not many people knew that I was in love but the ones that knew, know that I was head over heels for this man. Pay close attention to this flow ladies

I loved him unconditionally because he said he cared for me never had I been in love before and swore that I wouldn’t until there was Him. We started as friends the first week of April I believe, winter had gone and so was my Ex, they called him Ricky. It was a beautiful day as I walked with a friend and while passing the theater I was stopped by a man. I gazed up at the brown skin/6’5 frame and while still in a daze he asked me my name. His voice fit his stature at a mature 28 putting my number in his phone I wish I had known there were many in my place. We talked for hours that night sharing details of our lives, conversing with this man just seemed so right. Our friendship grew stronger as well as our feelings and before I knew it 6 months was only the beginning. The beginning of arguing and many I’m sorry’s the beginning of jealousy, secrets, pain, lies, and yes ladies I caught him with wondering eyes. Promised night of pleasure planned never came the only thing promised to us were further days of pain. He continued to express his love for me and I for him but underneath all this love hid deep suspicion. Nobody understood how much I was in love with this man I don’t even think he knew I was ready and willing to give up all for him. One day we ran into a she but this was before we came to be. He told me that they used to talk I asked for further detail it turns out her goods were up for retail. I approached her one day as a graceful woman I stood and kindly asked her to stop trying to sell my man expired goods…That was that. God knows I thought this man would be mine until the end of time, until one day things began to decline. Unanswered calls and texts, it was driving me crazy, ask my girls I was a mess. Crying day and night because he meant the world to me I could not understand, what happened to we? I recalled one day a newspaper clipping he gave that I stored, it read “Love is…When he comes back for more.” Although we argued much that day, our love stood strong until a later date. I might sound strange to you but this man had been my life I even had thoughts of being his wife. I never became obsessed or a stalker to 28 not even when our love was lost and unable to translate. One day 28 He disappeared nowhere to be found, I checked all places up and down. I was truly hurt and I know it wasn’t best, but I let the hurt manifest. I found myself drowning one night in another mans arms and full of sin, an adulterer is what 28 claimed I had been. I knew this man for minutes of my life he bought me drinks so it felt right. I woke the next morning feeling ashamed so I did what mama taught me and called out Gods name. I had done it out of anger because I’d lost the one I loved, so when 28 resurfaced I told him all that went on, ironic though you won’t believe my love right then returned. His anger felt like fire to my slowly burning heart it took another man for him to notice I was hurt. Instead of an apology he chastised me to no end. I said to him “I’m sorry” his reply “sorry didn’t do it you did.” Still no real explanation as to why he left me high and dry, I couldn’t shed another tear let alone say goodbye. I knew that his anger stemmed only from a decision I made, I told him things were going well so “baby we should wait.” My love and I never connected in the way most in love do, but that’s what made me love him so.... he didn’t push me to. Now that it’s all said and done I’ve lost a friend and my first love. As I thought about this man and how he came and changed my life, I couldn’t help but feel like every word, touch, kiss and hug was a total lie. He left me standing all alone my emotions lingering of him. Whoever stands next in line good luck to all of them? You ask if I still love this man I say to you I do, but I’m also saying to all women be careful who you give your love to.

No comments: