Sunday, March 2, 2008

Spiritual Food, For the Soul

I've been blogging a lot lately because i feel like i have so much to say, and instead of holding it all in i'm just going to write it all down!

I think it's safe to say that growing up is not always fun, and in some cases it's not fun AT ALL. I'm noticing more and more that it's easier for some to grow up, while others are stuck at 18. Growing up has nothing to do with your financial status, social status, number of children, or marital status. Growing up is about how you handle situations that come your way. Yes you have children but do you still club EVERY weekend and are nowhere to be found the day after? I'm sorry but you still have some growing to do. Maybe you're financially stable but you spend all of your money on useless things instead of investing and sowing seeds, Yes you guessed it, you still have some growing to do.

It's definately a mind over matter thing. Learning to take care of responsibility first will definately grow you up. Lately I've been going through my responsibilities in my mind and it's completely overwhelming the things that i Have to take care of. Not the things that i want to take care of or feel like taking care of, but things i have to take care of. Paying bills is not something i want to do but i have to do it and i need to do it. In order for us to continue to grow and mature it's absolutely essential that we take care of necessities before leisure.

At 23 years old i feel like i'm behind in a lot of things, but as i grow and mature God is showing me that everything is done in his perfect timming, not our perfect timming. God wants us to have the desires of our hearts and he knows that i would like to be futher along, but he also knows that without rain I won't experience growth so as he's taking me through different things in my life i'm seeing the importance of every single litte or big, trial, tribulation, storm, struggle, crisis, and circumstance. He's testing my faith, perseverance, and watching the way i handle these situations. If i bow, bend, or break I'm showing him that i'm not yet ready and i need to continue to grow and mature so the rain comes once again. What i have to do is understand that he will never give me more than i can bare although it may feel like i can't take anymore he knows exactly how much i can bare. When a storm approaches me and i begin to pray and war in the spirit and in the end i smile and say "God is going to work things out, God is going to turn what the devil meant for evil into something good and something that will work in my favor." With that attitude God is able to take me to the next level with trials and tribulations but the difference this time will be that i am able to handle them differntly and from there He can begin to really bless me because i've learned to praise him inspite of what i'm going through.

I watch my friends graduate with bachalors degrees in different areas and go on to work in their respected fields, get new cars, have no bills and the devil begis to speak to me and say "Brenee' you'll never be where they are, you'll never be as grown as they are, look at you, you'll never move from the spot that you're in." But i know that God is not a man that he should lie and his promises are true. In Habakkuk 2 it says that though your vision may terry it will not be late! and because God is maturing me and i'm experiencing growth I can first rebuke the devil, and second i can be happy for my friends that they are being blessed. This will show God that his work in me has not been in vain and i will be able to recieve double when my time comes to be blessed because i'm able to rejoice with others in their good times although i'm still going through.
Overall, I'm excited about the new direction God is taking me in, how he's preparing me to fulfill his promises and how he's preparing me to be prosperous.

As God continues to mature me and grow me up, i pray that he does the same for those of you who are seeking to make changes in your life! I tell you it is an awesome thing to be in the ways of God and although you may not see your efforts being rewarded right away, don't worry, continue to stay faithful to God and continue to allow him to water you so that you'll be all that he wants you to be and never want for anything. Be blessed.

No comments: