Monday, January 18, 2010

Finish Line

Blank pages the emptiness contagious

Clock ticking thoughts sticking to my mind

Wanting to give more but so far behind

How long will I suffer before I can find her

I’m told I’ve been forgiven for the life I been livin

But in trying to receive it I can’t really conceive it

This concept I can’t grasp maybe I need to take a class

On acceptance because I simply can’t accept this

Who has all the answers I wanna cheat but the results

Could be cancerous to the brain it’s like I’m going in sane

No stability could this be the end of me struggling with the friend in me

Or will I take control and pay the toll at the tunnel pass me the ball

Will I run it or stumble causing me to fumble

Incomplete play sliding into a brighter day

Taking one for the team final inning and still clean

Please carry me help me finish I put my all into this

I can’t give up I’m almost there

I’m like the tortoise racing against time

Look back to see the hare and in front of me the finish line

Crowd cheering me on clothes now tattered and worn

It’s my chance to take it there’s no mistakin’ it

Giving up is not an option

I wanna finish strong this last stretch seems so long

Now crossing the line I knew this destiny was mine

 

No comments: